Business Development Manager
The role of the BDM is to win, retain and develop new commercial business in the North-West area, focusing on SME’s within the Mid-Market sector. Key responsibilities include:
- Selling Signage Solutions, Corporate Workwear & Promotional Products.
- Developing and building relationships with new and existing customers.
- Identify opportunities across the region for sales of current and new products/services for all companies within the Group.
- Manage the full sales cycle from Prospecting to closing then managing the order process with internal departments.
- Report weekly on activity and manage pipelines in line with business expectations.
- The role will report direct into the head of sales.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within business-to-business field sales.
- Experience and knowledge of working within Promotional Merchandise, Custom-Branded Clothing, Branded Solutions or Print / Signage would be advantageous.
- Driven by the achievement of targets.
- A bright, competitive new business hunter with the drive and ambition to meet targets and develop a new customer base.
- Well organised with the ability to manage your time and sales pipeline effectively.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and customer facing skills.
- Experienced in building and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels.
- A basic working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Must live within commutable distance to customers located within the North-West region.
- The role covers the Northern Region and is a field-based sales role. The role will be 4 days field based and 1 day in the office.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000 OTE, Uncapped Commission + Company Car, Fuel Card, Laptop, Mobile Phone etc…
Apply with CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Area Sales Manager
B2B field based sales role covering the South West Region
Salary: DOE + Commission + Benefits inc. Company Car, Phone, Laptop
A vacancy has arisen to become an Area Sales Manager within BESTPLATE (Part of the Zell-Em Group) with the opportunity to sell its broad range of custom-branded products and number plate systems.
The role would ideally suit a candidate currently working in the automotive aftermarket looking for their next opportunity.
Zell-Em Group manufactures and supplies a broad range of custom-branded promotional, clothing and signage products. The Group consists of Bestplate Ltd – the UK’s leading manufacturer of acrylic number plate printing systems, number plates and components. Founded in 1946, Zell-Em is a well-established and expanding group of companies with an enviable portfolio servicing the automotive sector. We are looking to expand our formidable range of products into other market sectors.
The purpose of the role is to develop and retain new and existing customer accounts across the Region – targeting vehicle dealers, automotive suppliers and non-automotive SMEs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing long term account relationships with existing and new customers inside and outside of the motor trade.
- Providing sales and basic technical support/maintenance for computer based printing equipment.
- Selling promotional branded products
- Selling corporate workwear
- Selling number plate printing systems and number plate components.
- Identifying opportunities across the region for sales of current and new products/services for all companies within the Group.
- Providing a first class service to our network of Key and national accounts via regular reliable contact strategies.
- Keeping accurate records of activity and opportunities on the company CRM system.
It is ESSENTIAL that the candidate meets all of the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience in business-to-business field sales (preferably within the automotive industry).
- Be a bright, competitive new business hunter with the drive and ambition to meet targets and develop customer base.
- Have a demonstrable record of new business development and account management
- Must be self-motivated, disciplined and possess organisational ability that is necessary to operate from home, to manage an efficient phone/visit schedule and to manage your sales pipeline effectively.
- Demonstrate experience in building and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels including customer facing skills.
- Must be IT literate with a minimum of using MS Office applications (specifically Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Must live within the following postcodes WR, GL, OX or SN.
- Possess a Full Driving Licence (preferably clean)
The region covers TR,PL,EX,TA,BS,BA,DT,BH,SP,SN,GL,CV,OX,RD and SL postcodes (subject to potential alteration) This is a field sales role therefore the candidate must regularly travel throughout the region with overnight stays, which will also include visits to the Head Office in Lytham St Annes.
Training & Support
Head office Induction, then field-based orientation and customer hand-over of accounts.
- 1-2-1 product training delivered through our in-house product specialists.
- Technical support training via our in-house support team.
- Sales training through field support accompanied visits.
- On-going telephone based customer and technical support available through a dedicated internal helpline.
To apply, please send your CV with covering email to email@example.com
If selected, we will contact you directly. If not selected, your application will remain on file until the role has been filled and then all information submitted will be deleted.
Job Type: Full-time
Technical Support Operative
Location: Lytham St Annes
An established company located on the Fylde coast, Bestplate Ltd require a self-motivated problem solver to provide IT and technical support assistance to our customer base, ranging from small independent garages and motor factors, to large prestige franchise dealerships.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide 1st line support to the existing client base;
- Diagnose and correct faults with thermal and laser printers, PCs and associated hardware/software including our own bespoke software, both by phone and using remote support tools;
- Escalating more complex calls to an appropriate IT Support member;
- Inspecting IT equipment returned from customers to diagnose, document and repair faults;
- Installation and configuration of operating systems, printer devices and firmware updates;
- Assist with training field based sales staff on installation and support of IT systems;
- Customer site visits where required, sometimes requiring overnight stays.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems with PC/printer hardware and software, including printers and printer drivers;
- Having a good telephone manner with the ability to converse with customers effectively;
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise tasks;
- Proactive approach, capable of identifying opportunities to improve systems and support;
- 5 GCSEs (Grades A-C) including Maths and English
- CompTIA A+ would be beneficial
- Full driving licence (clean preferred).
Please apply by sending your CV with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time